Lane Keeping Assist
Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) is designed for highway and freeway driving in order to reduce the risk of accidentally straying from the lane in use.
So how does the Lane Keeping Assist work? Cars with lane assist uses a forward-facing camera placed behind the rear-view mirror that continuously tracks the course ahead to monitor lane markings. When you are about to unintentionally leave a lane, LKA warns you with a steering wheel vibration and provides a steering torque to help you return to the center of the lane.
When LKA is enabled in a car with lane change cameras, the graphics on the screen will show, at a glance, the system’s knowledge of the lane ahead of the car.
- White line: the lane boundary is detected correctly and the LKA system is able to intervene
- Yellow flashing line: Lane departure warning with lane keep assist is detecting a very imminent lane departure as your vehicle is moving offcenter
- Yellow line: there is a corrective steering torque intervention in progress that is trying to prevent a lane departure
How do you turn on lane keep assist functions? You can easily configure the Lane Keeping Assist system and adjust the settings to your preference.
- "Visual" only: the system will only show that your vehicle is crossing the lane on the instrument cluster display but won’t request any corrective action to change your driving trajectory.
- "Visual & Haptic": when the system detects an imminent lane departure, it will apply a corrective steering torque along with a steering vibration. At the same time, it will show the proper indications on the instrument cluster display.
When "Visual & Haptic" is selected, two additional options will come into play: “LKA Sensitivity” tunes the distance to the road markings to define the moment when the system will start to apply a steering torque. “LKA Strength” defines the corrective steering torque value to have a stronger or weaker trajectory deviation.
Keep in mind how does lane assist work
- LKA is fully configurable in order to both maximize its efficiency and reduce any possible invasiveness.
- LKA may be interrupted at any time by counter steering.
- Cars with lane keep assist are designed for an attentive driver; therefore, the system is available only when your hands are on the steering wheel.
- LKA requires good visibility to operate properly. You have to be extra careful in the event of heavy rain, snow, sharp bends, slopes, poor road marking and construction areas.
- The area on the rear bumper fascia, where the radar sensors are located, must remain free of snow, ice, and dirt.
- You must always be ready to take control of the vehicle at all times.
- LKA is intended to be used only by licensed and alert users and under the conditions specified in a vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.
- Read and understand a vehicle’s Owner’s Manual thoroughly before using the LKA system.
- It is your responsibility to stay alert, drive safely, and be in control of the vehicle at all times.
- To avoid serious injury or death, do not rely on the LKA system to prevent accidents or collisions as it is not designed to prevent loss of control or all accidents or collisions.
- Failure to follow these instructions and warnings can result in serious injury or death.
Discover the models which are equipped with this feature
You're Not Like Everyone Else
An Icon of Italian Elegance
*Actual selling price may vary. Dealer preparation, options, delivery, destination, taxes, title, license and registration fees not included. Please see your authorized Maserati dealer to ensure the actual availability of these models and the accuracy of the information. All figures presented are estimates only. The payments calculated are based on terms and other variables you have selected and are not current programs available by MNA. This is not an offer of direct financing or of any particular lease or purchase transaction.
© 2021 Maserati North America, Inc. All rights reserved. Maserati and the Trident logo are registered trademarks of Maserati SpA.
Some images may show European models.