Hill Descent Control
The Hill Descent Control (HDC) system enhances your off-road performance along with added safety by giving you a smooth, controlled descent on snowy and rough terrains. HDC is available exclusively for Levante.
What is the hill descent control system?
The Hill Descent Control system is enabled by pressing the HDC switch on the left-hand side of the steering wheel.
By using the Cruise Control buttons, you can set the vehicle speed even when you’re descending steep hills.
How does hill descent work in detail:
- Within a defined threshold of slope (12%), the vehicle gets to the default speed value of 8 km/h (or 5 mph).
- With steeper slopes (more than 12%), the vehicle gets to the default speed value of 3-4 km/h (or 1.8-2.5 mph).
What does hill descent control do?
HDC will use the Anti-lock (ABS) to control each wheel’s speed without you needing to touch either the brakes or the accelerator.
If the vehicle accelerates with no input from you, the system will automatically apply the brakes to gently slow to the desired speed. Applying pressure to the accelerator or brake pedal instantly overrides the system.
How to drive standard on a hill:
- HDC maintains vehicle speed while descending hills by actively controlling the brakes.
- Applying pressure to the accelerator or brake pedal instantly overrides the system.
- You must always remain attentive to the driving conditions and maintain a safe vehicle speed.
- You must always be ready to take control of the vehicle at all times.
- Cars with hill descent control are intended to be used only by licensed and alert users and under the conditions specified in a vehicle’s Owner’s Manual.
- Read and understand a vehicle’s Owner’s Manual thoroughly before using the HDC system.
- It is your responsibility to stay alert, drive safely, and be in control of the vehicle at all times.
- To avoid serious injury or death, do not rely on the HDC system to prevent accidents or collisions as it is not designed to prevent loss of control or all accidents or collisions.
- Failure to follow these instructions and warnings can result in serious injury or death.
Discover the model which is equipped with this feature
*Actual selling price may vary. Dealer preparation, options, delivery, destination, taxes, title, license and registration fees not included. Please see your authorized Maserati dealer to ensure the actual availability of these models and the accuracy of the information. All figures presented are estimates only. The payments calculated are based on terms and other variables you have selected and are not current programs available by MNA. This is not an offer of direct financing or of any particular lease or purchase transaction.
© 2021 Maserati North America, Inc. All rights reserved. Maserati and the Trident logo are registered trademarks of Maserati SpA.
Some images may show European models.