It was on December 1, 1914, in Bologna that the Maserati brothers founded Maserati, a marque destined for greatness in motoring history. From the start, the Maserati business was a workshop, operating in Bologna, at No. 1 Via de’ Pepoli. Here the Maserati brothers began working on their own car designs from the outbreak of the First World War.
During the 1920s and ’30s, the Maserati garage continued to turn out racing cars for sale all over the world, while also producing road cars with all the marque’s distinctive elegance combined with formidable performance achieved on the racing circuit. In 1937, when the Orsi family took over management of the company, Maserati moved from its original headquarters in Bologna to a location in Modena, on Viale Ciro Menotti, where some of the marque’s key sports and GT cars are still designed and built today.