Maserati North America, Inc. ("Maserati", "we", "us" or "our") takes your privacy and our responsibilities regarding the security of your Personal Information (as defined below) seriously. This Privacy Statement explains how we collect, use, share and protect your Information in connection with the Maserati.us website and all other Maserati-owned websites (collectively, the “Site”) and mobile applications ("apps") operated by us (collectively, the "Services") that link to this Privacy Statement. By using any of the Services, you consent to the processing of your Information (as defined below) as set forth in this Privacy Statement, which may be amended from time to time.
1. What Is in This Privacy Statement
- Types of Information Collected
- How We Use the Information We Collect
- How We Share the Information that We Collect
- Links to Other Services
- Choices, Access, Correction and Contacting Us
- Privacy Statement Changes
2. Types of Information Collected
Information You Provide Us
You may be able to access and use many features of the Services without providing information that can be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”). However, you may need to register in order to use certain features of the Services (e.g. save a car configuration, establish a communications profile, sign up for a test drive or driving classes, get a quote, discover extra content, or receive updates), which may require that you provide us with Personal Information. The Personal Information that we and companies providing services on our behalf ("service providers") may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- your name and title;
- your contact information, including email address, mailing address and telephone number;
- your user name, password and profile image;
- the type of car you own;
- your language preference;
- your preferences with respect to the information, goods or services you would like to receive; and
- other information that we may collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may also collect non-personal information (“NPI”) from you during your use of the Services. NPI cannot be easily used to personally identity you. Personal Information and NPI (collectively, “Information”) may also be disclosed to our service providers and/or third parties from time to time, as further provided in this Privacy Statement.
Our apps may collect precise NPI about the location of your mobile device (e.g., via your device’s GPS or network connectivity) but only with your express consent. We collect your location to provide you with information that you request, such as nearby dealerships. Once you have consented to the collection of precise NPI you may adjust this consent by managing your Location Services preferences through the settings of your mobile device.
Information that We May Automatically Collect
Whenever you use the Services, we and our service providers may collect certain technical NPI about the devices you use to access the Services and NPI about how you use the Services. We and our service providers may collect NPI from you, including, but not limited to through: click-stream data about your visits to our Site (for example, the pages you visit, how long you stay on each page, and what pages you visit before and after you access the Services); the content you view on our apps; the IP address, device identifier, operating system, and software version of the device you use to access the Services; and NPI from cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of websites. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer when browsing the Internet and retrieved by your browser. We use these and similar technologies to identify your browser or device when you use our Services. Cookies and similar technologies also let us know how many people use the Services and how they use the Services (for example, what features are of the most interest). If you are a registered user, cookies and similar technologies can make it easier for you to access and use the Services by remembering your passwords or preferences.
When you use social networking services, applications, tools that enable features like audio or video content (sometimes known as "plugins"), or other features that are operated or offered by other companies (sometimes known as "third parties") and are integrated into our Services or allow you to connect to our Services, we may collect Information from those third parties. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media platforms or third-party features you use to learn how those third parties process Information and to manage how Personal Information is shared. Access to these third parties is provided solely for your convenience. Maserati does not review the privacy policies of these third parties, and we assume no liability arising from your disclosure of Information to such third parties.
We may collect Information about you when you connect with us via social networking services, from public online forums, or from commercially available sources. When you connect with us via a third party social media log-in, those third parties may collect certain Information as a function of your using those services or sign-in tools. That collection is subject to those respective entities’ own privacy policies. In addition, the Information you post on social networking sites, applications, or online public forums may be accessible to anyone with Internet access, and any Personal Information you include in your posting may be read, collected and used by others.
We may combine any of the Information that we collect with Information associated with your use of the Services. If we do so, we will handle the combined Information as described in this Privacy Statement.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
Maserati may use your Information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information or services that you have requested (for example, to provide a quote or to contact you to book a test drive) or otherwise respond to your requests or inquiries;
- to contact you with offers and information regarding products and services that may be of interest to you, including advertisements based on your previous activities on the Services and other online services (for example, if you view a particular car on our services, you may view online ads for that car on the Services or other online services that you use);
- to manage any accounts you may have with us;
- to conduct market research surveys;
- to generate and analyze statistics about how you and others use our services and respond to our communications;
- to improve or troubleshoot our Services and to provide you with relevant products and services;
- to understand your preferences and customize the advertising and content that we send you and that you see on the Services and elsewhere;
- to manage and administer our business and meet business, legal, regulatory, insurance and other processing requirements; and
- otherwise with consent or as permitted or required by law.
4. How We Share the Information that We Collect
Maserati shares Information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Dealers: If you indicate that you would like to book a test drive or receive a quote, your Personal Information will be shared with the Maserati dealer that is geographically located closest to you so that the dealer may contact you to arrange a test drive or provide a quote.
- Our Parent and Affiliates: We will share your Personal Information with our parent and affiliated companies in order for them to provide you with information and offers about Maserati products and services.
- Service Providers: Maserati may share Information with service providers (including affiliates of Maserati acting in this capacity). Service providers may, for example, provide us with Site hosting and analytics, email deployment, contact management, marketing and advertising services, mailing house services, or other services that help us run our business. Some of our service providers or affiliates may be located outside of the United States, and your Information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in these jurisdictions for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement. While in another jurisdiction, your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of that jurisdiction, for example lawful requirements to disclose Personal Information to government authorities in those countries.
- Interest Based Advertising: Maserati may use third-party network advertisers to serve advertisements on the Services or other online platforms. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements based on your use of the Services and other online platforms. Third-party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products or services that might interest you. When you use the Services, network advertisers may place and access cookies or other technologies on your device or use web beacons to allow them to collect or receive NPI about your online activities over time and across different online services and to show you advertisements or content you might be interested in. See the choices section below for more information.
- Marketing Partners: Maserati may share Information with third parties in order to engage in joint or co-branded promotions with those parties.
- Business Transactions: Maserati may share Information with third parties connected with the proposed or actual financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of Maserati or our business or assets, for the purposes of evaluating and/or performing the proposed transaction.
- Legal, Regulatory, etc.: Maserati may disclose your Information as to comply with legal process or regulatory, insurance, audit, or security requirements.
- Other: Maserati may otherwise disclose your Personal Information with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
We may share de-identified reports on user demographics, preferences, usage, and other de-identified information with any third parties.
5. Links to Other Services
The Services may link to other websites or online services (including those operated by our parent, affiliates, dealers or related parties) that are not covered by this Privacy Statement. These links are provided solely for your convenience. Maserati does not review these third party websites or online services, and we assume no liability arising from your use of these third party sites and services. Those third party websites and online services may collect, use and disclose Information in ways that are different than the Services. You should review the privacy policies and practices of any online services that you use before providing Personal Information.
We strive to maintain reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural security measures designed to safeguard the Information collected via the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Information. We are not responsible for the security of Information you transmit to the Services over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
7. Choices, Access, Correction and Contacting Us
The Keep in Touch section of the Site and the profile sections of other Services may allow you to register your preferences regarding the communications that we may send to you. To change your preferences, log in to the appropriate sections of the Services and update your Personal Information.
We do not currently respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide a method to opt out of the collection of NPI across the networks of websites and online services in which we participate. If we do so in the future, we will describe how we do so in an updated Privacy Statement.
Please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp in order to learn more about the information collection practices and "opt-out" procedures of third-party network advertisers we may use. Maserati is not liable for the information collection practices and “opt-out” procedures of any third party.
Maserati may establish and maintain a file of your Information for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, which may be stored on and accessed through Maserati’s or its service providers’ servers and databases. The Information will be maintained by Maserati for a period of 7 years from the date of receipt, or for as long as allowable by law, whichever is longer.
You may be able to request access to or correction of certain Personal Information that is in our custody or control. To do so, you may contact us using the following contact information:
Maserati North America, Inc.
Consumer Affairs Department
1 Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Your right to access or correct your Personal Information is subject to applicable legal restrictions and the availability of the Personal Information. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our Information practices, you may write to us using the contact information above.
8. Privacy Statement Changes
This Privacy Statement may be revised from time to time. If we intend to use or disclose Personal Information for purposes materially different than those described in this statement, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals, if necessary, including by revising this Privacy Statement. If you are concerned about how your Personal Information is used, you should contact us as described above and by checking the Site periodically to obtain the most current copy of this Privacy Statement. Your provision of Personal Information or use of our Services following any changes to this Privacy Statement constitutes your acceptance of any such changes. This Privacy Statement is effective as of October 1, 2016.